The Penticton MSA’s Facility Engagement Working Group administers over $300K annually for the MSA, with funding from BC’s Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI). FEI is a provincial initiative through Doctors of BC that aims to strengthen relationships, engagement and communication between health authorities and facility-based physicians, to improve their work environment and the delivery of patient care with:
- Improved opportunities for physicians and health authority leaders to work together to share knowledge and make informed decisions that can improve patient care, the physician experience, and the cost-effectiveness of the health care system.
- Opportunities and support for physicians who work at facilities and are members of the medical staff to develop a meaningful voice, and increase involvement in local activities that affect their work and patient care.
- Funding to support activities that involve physicians in decision-making, and:
- Pay for physicians’ time in activities.
- Hire expertise to support the physician activities (e.g. a coordinator for administrative support; an analyst to track issues, develop business cases and manage projects; a physician lead to support engagement activities).
The following members sit on the MSA FEI working group, representing each medical department.